Pride and Prejudice

 I'm typing this from my phone because I debated on feeding this blog today (I know, I know) but I haven't finished the book yet. I just got to volume three and there's so much I already want to say so here it goes.

I absolutely love this book so far. The family dynamic between the Bennetts are hilarious. The teasing of the parents especially made me cry with laughter. 

I genuinely don't get how people see this book as boring. It's got almost everything readers love! Gossip, family behaviors towards the other, drama (so much drama!), the mother who's dramatic about everything, the lies and deception, and the reveling of beef between certain characters, and the beloved Enemies to Lovers arch!

It's all there! Not to mention this book is absolutely relatable to this day and age. Passages that I will keep forever, how to reject a man and still sound classy as hell doing it. There's so much character introspection it's breathtaking. 

There was a whole paragraph roasting her own sisters to her father. There's the beautiful dynamic between two older sisters and their younger sisters I found to be classic:

"She seldom listened to anybody for more than half a minute and never attended to Mary at all"- such sister behavior. 

There were secrets and subtle call outs between certain characters which were just *chef's kiss*. The whole thing had such a "ooo shit!" Moment that I think everyone thats always here "for the tea" would love to watch! It's such an art to be incredibly classy which i think, everybody would appreciate. 

Our MC turned down a guy who only wanted her for her  money and estate, and he had the audacity to try and show off his new wife to her! 

There's a quote in here I will live by: "There is a stubbornness about me that never can bear to be frightened at the will others. My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me." GURL.

There are insults in here that are not insults at first glance in company which were especially clever! 

There's a character in here who loves throwing herself at other people's business and I HATED her. 

There's also a scene in which both sisters hearts are broken and our MC takes it upon herself in this passage which will also remain with me:

"What are men to rocks and mountains?" I highlighted the whole paragraph because as a nature lover - that was beautiful. And using it to forget the men that cause you problems? How is that not relatable?

"...so easily falls in love with a pretty girl for a few weeks, and when accident separates them, so easily forgets her, that these sort of inconsistencies are very frequent." HELLO? 

So many more relatable and hidden wisdom passages are throughout this book. I haven't started annotating until Volume two but I definitely think I can view this book over and over and prolly find something new every time.

It's way more than historical romance. It's TEA. BETRAYAL. GOSSIP. HIDDEN INSULTS. UNCOVERING THE TRUTH.

The mother is always on about "Have some mercy for my nerves!"

"Have some compassion for my poor nerves!"

I will forever be using that. I need that on a t shirt. 

I don't understand how this book can be boring! I'm loving every page!! Especially the enemies to lovers arch! I can't wait to how things change in volume three! 

And look! This blog didn't die! 

09/10/2026 1621

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmaid's Tale

Lies My Teacher Told Me: What American History Textbooks Got Wrong

Prologue